TAKE ACTION: Earlier this evening, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and Governor Rick Scott filed to intervene in the lawsuit seeking the freedom to marry in Florida, Pareto v. Ruvin. They are doubling down and using taxpayer money to hurt LGBT Floridians. Send them an email now and tell them to stop defending the indefensible! Take action here: http://bit.ly/TgHuUp
What To Do When Your Boyfriend’s Asshole Best Friend Says, “Hey, Never Trust Anything That Bleeds For Seven Days And Doesn’t Die,
OR The Only Poem I’ll Ever Write About Periods.
Don’t excuse him because he’s had
at least three lite beers
and is sweating through his black button down
that his mom or exgirlfriend
probably bought him.
Don’t excuse him because he’s been turned down
by the last six girls he went on dates with
after meeting them on tinder
with a picture that’s seven years old
Don’t excuse him because
he’s usually such a nice guy
because you don’t want to be a bitch
because you don’t want to cause a scene
because when you were seventeen
your sister told you
no one likes an angry feminist
Let me explain something to you.
Every goddamn motherfucking month since I was eleven,
a part of me
tore itself to shreds
ripped itself apart inside me
and then remade itself.
So yes, I bleed for seven days
and I don’t die
You know what else can do that?
Things of legend.
Fuck, I can even
So I say, never trust anything that can’t
bleed for seven days and not die.
You know what that makes it?
So let’s see, hon,
What you’re made of.
If you can bleed for seven days
and not die.
Rip out his jugular with your teeth.
And when he bleeds for seven seconds
spit on his corpse and say,
I thought not.
Katherine Tucker (determined-in-slc)
Looks like Selfless raised the goal since we reached the original one so quickly! Have you ordered your Project Unbreakable shirt yet? Limited time only - just this week! Click on the photo above to purchase one.
This is such a powerful project and I’m so happy that it’s getting more recognition.
GIVEAWAY WILL CLOSE DECEMBER 11, 2012
FOLLOW AND REBLOG FOR YOUR ENTRY
It’s been a while since my last giveaway, so I decided it’s time for another!
Backstory: My mom let me go through a box in storage of all of her doubles/triples and take whatever I wanted! I chose the more interesting pieces, though some might be “boring.”
RULES: You must:
- follow this blog
- reblog/like this post
- the more reblogs/follows, the bigger chance on winning
THIS INCLUDES (not all named, too many!)
- Two “Excellence in Every Adventure” pins (Employee forum 1997)
- Two “75 Years: Part of the Magic” pins (October 16, 1998)
- “Animal Kingdom: 5 Years of Adventure Magic” pin
- Club Disney premere pin
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom - Asia Opening pin (March 18, 1999)
- WDI - Planet Mickey pin (May 15, 1993?)
- Tokyo Disney Sea - 1st Anniversary pin
- 100 Years of Magic pin (October 1, 2001)
- Star Tours - Flight Test Team pin
- Earth day 1998 pin
- The Architecture of Reassurance - Designing the Disney Theme Parks pin
- Dinosaur movie pin
- 40 Years Today - Disneyland pin (July 17, 1995)
- Pocahontas movie pin
- Be a Hero pin
- Walt Disney Imagineering Halloween pin (1991?)
- Walt Disney Imagineering Halloween pin (1994)
- Earth Day 2000 pin
- Beauty and the Beast pin
- Box Office Champs 1994 pin
- Earth Day 1993 pin
- Epcot 15th anniv. pin
- The Lion King movie pin
- Tokyo Disney Sea pin
- Halloween 1992 pin
- 10 Year anniversary keychain (not sure what for?)
- Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers pin
- Tokyo Disneyland 20th Anniversary pin
- Mission Space - We Choose To Go pass
- Imagineeringland - 1997 Platinum Pass
- WDI pin
- Kiliminjaro Safaris pin
- Earth Day 1995 pin
- Paws for a Cause pin
- Animal Kingdom preview pin
- Walt Disney Imagineering 55 Year pin
- The House of Disney pin
- Nightmare Before Christmas pin
- Rockin Roller Coaster pin
- WDI2000 pin
- Tokyo Disneyland Vacation Jamboree patch
- American Flag Mickey Head Lanyard
- Countdown to Extinction - WDI pin
- Earth Day 2003 pin
- Aladdin box office pin
- Earth Day 1997 pin
- Autopia license
- Rodger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin pin
- Tarzan’s Treehouse pen
- Disneyland Resort Opening Team watch
- Mike Wazowski squishy ball thing
- Mickey’s ToonTown pin
- Conservation Station pin
- Tomorrowland pass
- CWC? patch
- WDI mousepad thing
- Tokyo Disney Sea mickey head pin
- Paris Disneyland Mickey Stamp pin
- Animal Kingdom Lodge pin
- Disney Cruise Line nametag (unused)
- Disney’s California Adventure soundtrack